Dunbarton

In 1832 William Dunbar laid out a town site near the Kingston Road which was later relocated and called Fairport/Dunbarton. When the Grand Trunk Railway arrived it passed close enough to warrant a station. In time the area around the station developed into the village of Dunbarton.

This wood framed house is believed to have been built around 1870 and was used as a way station for stagecoaches. It once had a circular driveway and a large barn. By the time this watercolour was painted the house stood on an isolated strip of land bordered by two large highways and railway tracks.

SIZE:

8″ X 12″”

MEDIUM:

watercolour

GICLÉE:

$250