Hogarth

The main portion of this Riverdale home was built in 1875 by Thomas Hogarth, principal of York Township School. In 1882 he sold it to his daughter Elinora Hays and her husband, who added the north wing and verandah. It remained in the Heys family until 1964 when it served briefly as a rooming house. It was then left vacant for two years, when it was badly vandalized. Plans for demolition were blocked by local ratepayers in 1974. The home has since been completely restored.

SIZE:

8″ X 11″

MEDIUM:

watercolour

GICLÉE:

$250