Meadowvale

Meadowvale Village became Ontario’s first heritage village in the late 1980’s. The buildings were restored through grants and loans available to homeowners at the time. The original settlement started in 1831 with two sawmills and a carding mill. By 1880 the village was composed mainly of modest wooden buildings with the exception of some grander buildings, including Charles Gooderham’s mansion. This wooden shed is the only one of its type left in the village. Built as an outbuilding in the late 19th century, its distinctive features include the gable and the round, arched windows.

SIZE:

8″ X 12″

MEDIUM:

watercolour

GICLÉE:

$250