The Ashbridge Estate

Sarah Ashbridge travelled from Pennsylvania to Upper Canada with her family in the spring of 1793. They purchased a large block of land east of the present day Greenwood Avenue. Their land ran from the lakeshore to just north of Danforth Avenue. Theirs was the fourth patent granted in York County, preceded by the Simcoes, Scaddings and Coxes. In 1854, Jesse Ashbridge built the house on Queen Street that still stands today. The Mansard roof was added in 1899.

SIZE:

12″ X16″

MEDIUM:

watercolour

GICLÉE:

$250