Unionville Congregational Church

In 1879, the Unionville members of the Congregational Church built a new building to replace and amalgamate the meeting places in Markham and Unionville. The new church was designed by Casa Loma architect, Edward Lennox. The land was donated by the Braithwaite family. The original cost of the building was $5,000.
The Rev. E. Braithwaite was a well known minister and university president who had been a member of the congregation since childhood. In the 1890’s the church was sold to the congregation. For many years it was used as a veterans’ hall. Recently it has been converted to retail space for a sports clothing outfitter.

SIZE:

16″ X 12″

MEDIUM:

watercolour

GICLÉE:

$250