A view out of the window from a bedroom in the annex at Mornington looking up the hill in Cowes, Isle of Wight. The annex was a newer (newer than 1842) two storey portion of the building that contained a kitchen with one of the oldest gas ovens on the Isle of Wight and a sitting room on the ground level. The second floor consisted of some bedrooms and a bathroom. Lining the hallways were furled sails. On many of the beds there were piles of papers which were referred to as “lateral filing”. The master of the house was a great writer of typewritten letters.
20.5″ X 15.5″