The house at West End Lane was a typical mid Victorian English house with a lower ground floor originally used for the kitchen and wine cellar. By the 1980s the house was divided into two two storey flats with a separate freehold. The bedrooms for the lower flat were downstairs. The door of the second bedroom on the lower ground floor led out to the garden, where this picture was painted. The brick walls and stairway dated from the original construction of the house in 1869. The area was among the first suburbs of London, built after the railway was extended to Kilburn Station in 1852.
20″ X 18″