Using an entire sheet of watercolour paper, this is the largest of Laura’s watercolour paintings. The view out of the window at West End Lane includes the neighbours’ gardens and the spire of St. Mary’s Church, Kilburn in the distance. The church was built in 1856 near the site of the old Kilburn Priory – a nunnery which was founded around 1130. The priory disappeared completely by the beginning of the 18th century. The spire in the painting was built in 1871 – 1872. The All Souls Chapel in the church contains a medieval brass found in the 1850s of Emma de St. Omer, the medieval prioress, whose bones are buried under the High Altar of the church.
29″ X 21.5″
FINE ART PRINT