This house on Wellington Street in Bowmanville was built in the high Victorian style. Over the years additions in various other styles were added. The original house was a simple one-and-a-half storey Georgian structure built by Marshal Porter, who emigrated from Ireland in 1836. William Powell Prower, a cabinetmaker and undertaker emigrated from England in 1866 and bought the house in 1881. He later became a town councillor and ran for the Legislative assembly, but was defeated by a narrow 13 vote margin. The house remained in his family until 1974.
8″ X 12″”
FINE ART PRINT