Union School, No. 17 Mono Township was constructed in 1890 just west of the village of Rosemont. It was a two room school built on the land of a farmer, William McNabb. In 1968, when the new Mulmur-Mono school opened, Union School No. 17 closed it‘s doors. The structure was allowed to deteriorate for a number of years. At the time this picture was painted the bell tower had been removed for refurbishment. The owner of the building was a former pupil whose grandmother attended the school when it first opened. His mother later taught at the school.
8″ X 12″
FINE ART PRINT